Friday, July 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

As of July 1, I am a homeowner! The house needs a wee bit of fixing up (patch the fence, new faucet, re-caulk the tub, etc), but in general it is move in ready. That being said, I've now spent slightly more time at the house than at Home Depot buying miscellaneous supplies. Jeremy, Wally and I hope to move in this weekend. I'll admit, I'm a little nervous as this is the first time in my life that I have ever moved and technically I'll be moving to a new city!

Stay tuned for before and after pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spent some time reading your blog last night and found you to be an exceptionally bright, remarkably level-headed human being.

Congratulations on your new home, your acceptance to the bachelors program, and your upcoming wedding. Those are a lot of successes. I wish you all the success in the world.

I hope your studies with Linux/Unix was fascinating enough for you to stick with it. All that CERN, FermiLabs, and Los Alamos run is Linux. As does another outfit with which I might mention, the NSA.

It was kind of you to mention remembering our warriors, even though you might have some thoughts contrary to war. As a former Cold War spook, with continuing ties to the intelligence community, and as a disabled veteran, I understand what you are say, the genuine kindness and thought behind it, and I grateful.

Keep writing. But review your and Jeremy's presence on the Web. I say this in the spirit of wanting you to be safe, happy, so you can make the contributions to society I know you will. Just a thought.

USA Sunrise