Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wedding Update

Since Jeremy proposed, I've been looking at wedding related stuff (well, I did that before, but this time I'm serious about it). We have managed to make a few decisions already...the most important ones of course:
Date: August 11, 2012
Colors: Hot pink and spring green
Font: Finehand
We've also decided what our invitations will look like.

You may wonder why the date is over two years away. Here is our reasoning:
1. It is on a Saturday
2. I will have graduated from school and hopefully will have had a job for about a year which means (minimal) job security.
3. I thought it would be cool to have my parent's anniversary be August 9, my brother's be August 10 and ours would be August 11. Why is this so cool? There are three chances for a milestone anniversary and what is a better way to celebrate than all of us going on a cruise or a big trip?
4. It will also be easier on the my parents (mainly) to save for a wedding rather than putting a bunch of money on a credit card.
5. If Jeremy and I plan on being together forever (which we do), what is two years in the grand scheme of things? We are definitely committed so waiting two years to make things legal isn't a huge deal.
6. It's our decision and we'll do it when we want.

Anyway, that's all of the updates I have for now. I'm always looking for advice or ideas so let me know!

No comments: