Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Why are questions so hard?

As you may or may not know, I have had a rather long winded spat with two of the members of a local band called focuspoint. It all started when I asked one of the band members (via email) a one line question. I then got attacked by that band member telling me (in a nutshell) it’s none of my business; he will be forwarding the email to the other members and saying “you don’t have to go.” One of the other band members wrote me back an email as well. This one not only attacked me, but my boyfriend as well.

Needless to say, I was furious. A feud ensued. I stopped going to shows and I suggested to MY friends that they hang out with me and not go to their shows. Why should we support a band who thinks that family comes second to getting their “claim to fame?” Did I mention, the email was asking if they knew that the show they booked was on Easter (when most people spend it with their family)?

I’m curious, how is anybody supposed to ask a question when the response is attacking the person who asked it? How am I supposed to be independent when I’m told to talk to someone else and they will ask the question for me? Why can’t I voice my opinion?

2 comments:

Watty said...

wow. wooooow. I honestly think that your half of the story wasn't fully represented here. I will not disseminate the resulting conversations from your e-mail, but let it be known that the full story is not printed here.

sorry Jenny. You know I love you :)

Jenny from the block said...

Might I ask what part of the story you feel I left out?