Monday, January 5, 2009

As Grandpa said in Mexico...

"Who's the joker?"

First let me give a big thank you to my family for telling me on 1/2 there was a message for me on the home phone from 12/29. It was a call from the St. Joseph's Women's Clinic and I apparently had an appointment for 12/30. I will let you soak in the dates now.

So it was too late when I got the message to call the clinic to find out WHY I had the appointment. First thing this morning I called to find out what was going on. Here is a mildly accurate transcription of the conversation, color coded for your convenience.

Women's Clinic
Me

St. Joseph's Women's Clinic this is (can't remember name).
Hi, I had an appointment last week and I just got the message today.
What's your name?
Jennifer Jacobson
Birthdate?
1/24/85 <---Side note, my birthday is in 19 days!
Yes, it was for 12/30.
What was that for?
Just a routine check up to measure your belly and check the heart rate.
For a baby?
Yes.
Um, I'm not pregnant.
Your not?
Not that I know of.
And you are Jennifer Jacobson?
Yes.
Birthday is 1/24/1985?
Yes.
Can you verify the last four of your SSN?
####
Strange. I'm sorry for the mix up, I'll fix this.
Thank you.

My mom asked me how far along I was and I do wish I would have asked the lady at the clinic. And to be clear, I am NOT prego!

2 comments:

Watty said...

I challenge you to a baby duel. Mine shall prove to have been better during the first year, but the Punny (Pud/Jenny, yeah, I made an E!-esque funny on your names) child shall prove to be passive/passive/politically passive with a propensity to later be passive. Oh, ensure during the ultrasounds that Alfred either has a fully functional spine or will develop one before his teenage years :P

Just kidding, Jenny! I'm sure your imaginary baby will be imaginarily cute!

Paolo said...

Whoa. Crazy little story.

Good description of the potential child by Watty, too.