Friday, January 16, 2009

OTR: Vacation edition

My vacation to California this past week has inspired this edition of OTR. Some complaints are theme park related.

1. People who don’t pay attention to the line and they have to move up 20 feet because the line moved without them.

2. Disneyland for giving us a schedule (good for January 9th-12th) that said the fireworks show would start at 9 pm. Apparently the fireworks show would not be running until the 18th.

3. Sticky hotel carpets. Oh Kate I know why you wear shoes in hotel rooms!

4. Universal Studios for refurbishing the Jurassic Park ride in January. I was Jurassic pissed when I found out.

5. Angel Stadium for not having an easily accessible drinking fountain or selling bottled water in the gift shop.

6. People who purposefully speed up and then honk at people who are crossing the street (even though they are jay walking).

7. California shuttle bus drivers who drive like 16 year old boys who just watched some sort of fast paced car racing movie.

8. Papercuts.


*On a happy note for my vacation I would like to give the following kudos to:

1. The Disneyland French Market for creating a cheesecake that I actually like.

2. Jeremy for getting me Chinese food at 11:20 pm on a Tuesday.

3. Our tour bus driver, and passengers, for waiting an extra few minutes while I found Paul Newman’s star.

4. The CPK for being so delicious.

5. Our bartender at the movie with the crazy mustache for being funny. His new cologne is called “alcoholic.”

6. Mickey, the shrimp from Bubba Gump Shrimp Co and the cardboard display of Wall-E for the pictures.

7. Virgin America for being a delightful airline even though your food selection leaves something to be desired.

1 comment:

Allie Watson said...

You are so funny. Love it.