Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Apply Now

Last month I restarted (very) actively looking for jobs. I had my friend look at my cover letter and resume and give me a few ideas on how to improve. I updated my profile on Career Builder and have applied for a few jobs using Career Builder and some more using craigslist. Unfortunately, I am having difficulties finding positions that fit my skill level/physical abilities (like no heaving lifting or standing for periods of time...thank you broken foot!) that are a reasonable commute away.

Tonight I found a job on Career Builder that I was going to apply for. I clicked the "apply now" link and it took me to the PLU website to fill out their application. 45 minutes later I had 3 mouse clicks left before I could submit the whole thing and the website completely crashed!

Yeah, I'll let that sink in.

So, I went back to Career Builder to see if there was anything else and I found a job that again took me to an outside application and I spent 30 minutes filling that one out. Why can't there be 1 application format with supplemental questions?!?!

As I was writing this post, I went back to the PLU website to get the technical message I got, but the website was working! So I finally submitted my application, yay!

Maybe I should title my resume on Career Builder "Willing to Get Carpal Tunnel For Right Employer"...I'm so funny.

No comments: