Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Friends, How Many of Us Have Them?

Lately I've been thinking about that question a lot. It started when I was thinking about who would be my maid of honor should I get married. Well, Jeremy is indeed my best friend, but he definitely won't work as the MOH. After that, I don't have any friend that I would consider a "best friend." I have some friends, but not a best friend (who happens to be a girl).

If something really amazing happened, the first person I would tell would be Jeremy (and mom) but after that, I don't know of anyone else that I would have to tell. On the flip side, if something bad happened (specifically between Jeremy and I), I keep it to myself because I don't have anybody that knows our situation.

It's also interesting to think about that usually best friends are indeed each others' best friend. If I did happen to have a girl that was a "best friend," I'm sure she'd already have a best friend and I would just be her "good friend." Somehow I managed to lose my best friend growing up (and many friends in the process) and by now, it's probably too late to find a person who I can be best friends with, who I'm their best friend.

1 comment:

Amber said...

awww, Jen you make me sad sometimes...I'll be your best friend if you will be mine :) I don't have any friends either! We can be pathetic nerds together :)