Thursday, December 3, 2009

Makeshift Thanksgiving

I must first appologize for no pictures.

This year, my mom, dad, Jeremy and I went to my dad's family's house in Longview this year on Thanksgiving. The Sunday following Thanksgiving we made "dinner" for my grandparents where my brother and his wife were also able to attend. Here is what we had:

Mom made a ranch cheese dip to snack on while dinner was being cooked, nobody could seem to leave the dip for more than 3 minutes before going back to eat more.

  • Turkey breast (yes, it was in a roll shape, but amazingly delicious and flavored perfectly)
  • Birds Eye lightly sauced corn (we can't seem to find Jolly Green Giant buttered corn anymore)
  • Cranberry sauce out of a can
  • Mom's stuffing
  • Stove Top stuffing (for me)
  • Instant mashed potatoes
  • Turkey gravy made from a packet
  • Rolls
  • Yams with brown sugar, butter and tons of marshmallows (first year I've tried them and they are good!)
  • My sister in law made an amazing apple pie
  • I made the pumpkin pie, but I tried something different when making it and it turned out so delicious that I made another pie on Monday!

While 8 people isn't the traditional amount of people we have for Thanksgiving, it was really fun. We did have all of the dishes we usually have, just some of them were straight from a package. Definitely less stress this year.

No comments: