Thursday, February 4, 2010

Holy Stress Batman!

These last two weeks have been fairly stressful for me.
  • The day before my birthday, I woke up to mom yelling for me at 7 am because Tobby's skin around her lump had stretched so far that she was bleeding and had wandered around the upstairs in panic. After we got Tobby bandaged up, mom and I spent 2 hours cleaning the blood spots off of the carpet (they looked like chicken pox all the way down the hallway). Jeremy and I opted not to go to Ocean Shores overnight for my birthday so I could stay near Tobby.
  • I had a midterm in my networking class on Feb 1, which I was worried about. Although I did manage to get a 101% on the test...I guess I know more than I give myself credit for.

  • On Feb 2, grandpa went in for a hip replacement. I guess he sailed through surgery and when I visited him later that evening, he was the most coherent I have seen in a while. It was like I had my old grandpa back. We were a little worried because after his first hip replacement his memory started to go.

  • I went to visit grandpa yesterday and I spent 2 hours trying to tell him that I couldn't get his clothes for him so he could leave, we couldn't stay at a hotel that night and we weren't at the "nurses house," but at the hospital. He was getting frustrated a little with me because I wouldn't get him his pants, but he realized he was confused and would get frustrated with himself.

  • Sometime between 6:50 pm when I left home and 7:50 pm when mom got home, Tobby had gone outside and her bandage had fallen off. She proceeded to go into EVERY room in our house, I assume looking for us. So mom had to put a new bandage on her. Now mom and I have a large job ahead of us of cleaning carpet. She even went into the laundry room, my room and my bathroom! Side note: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works really well to remove blood spots from tile.

  • I have another midterm on Monday. I'm worried about that one because I understand all of the concepts, but I haven't read any of the book (maybe I should). It is a super easy class, but the books terms things very specifically and I think that will be my downfall.

  • I also haven't been getting my naps in lately and I've been staying up later than I should be so I'm super tired!

  • Then add in the typical life drama of my foot has been hurting really bad lately and the new pants I bought don't fit, even though they are the exact same size/brand as I had before.

No comments: