Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day this year, I decided to do something special for my grandparents. Since my Grandpa was still in the hospital (and complaining about the food), I made dinner and brought Grandma up to the hospital so they could have a 'romantic' dinner.

I made pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli, an apple crisp for dessert and even brought plastic champagne flutes for sparkling cider. Pair all of this with the heart shaped plates and the battery operated candle and I thought it was a very 'romantic' dinner.


Unfortunately, I Grandpa said he wasn't hungry, Grandma ate two bites and shortly after this picture was taken Grandpa decided he wanted to go home and I spent 15 minutes trying to keep him in bed while Grandma was getting frustrated.

A for effort right?

1 comment:

Amber said...

A++ for being an awesome grandaughter! Its the thought that counts Jen, you can't control the old crazy people any more than they can control themselves! We just have to love them anyways!