Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Poor Tobby

So Tobby's lump has been getting bigger and bigger and the day before my birthday it stretched the skin so much that it started oozing out blood. My dad and I have been bandaging it everyday and this past Monday, we took Tobby to the vet because it started looking really gross. Needless to say, I had been crying all weekend because my dad mentioned the fact that she is getting old and mom told me what the quotes were if we chose to "take her to a farm."

The vet gave us another option that we hadn't even thought of, amputation. We knew it would be hard on her because we have lots of stairs and she is arthritic. They were going to send us a quote anyway. They did say that our bandaging was good and we could keep doing that and keep her comfortable.

I just looked at the quote for the first time a few minutes ago and I'm certain we are back to square one. The absolute minimum price is $1,974.75 and it could go up to around $2,686.38. If we struggled for the $600 for her other surgery, two thousand is way out of the question.

This sucks.

1 comment:

Faceplant said...

Hang in their Honey. You know I love you and am always here for you.