Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Can Almost Smell Garlic

The 2009 Mariners season is fast approaching. With new management and a few new players (welcome back Griffey!), my hope for the Mariners isn’t for them to go all the way and win, I hope they have a great overall season. While I’d love them to win the World Series all of the time, it just isn’t realistic. So what do I think constitutes a “great overall season?”

Limited number of player injuries

-If injured, ones that require minimum time on DL

Win more games than we lose

Many (great) moments that will be remembered for years

Making Ryan Rowland-Smith a starter*

-Going to every game he starts at

--Him remembering me (not in a creepy stalker way)

Funny Mariners commercials to get me through the losing games

Some sort of “good procedural leadership” by management that I do not bother myself with

Ability to order condiments using the Nintendo DS (it would make my experience better at Safeco)

While fulfilling all of the above criteria would make for a delightful season, it just isn’t 100% realistic. Of the above situations, the more we can satisfy the better. While Jeremy will fill me in on the technical things, I can monitor my RR-S, commercials, memorable moments and the Nintendo DS. I’m sure there are a lot more things that could make the season even better, but this is what I can think of on a Saturday morning.

So when the 2009 single game tickets go on presale, you can bet that I will be on the computer crossing my fingers that I get tickets to opening day. I love you Griffey, but the stupid band wagon Griffey fans might ruin it for us who love the Mariners even when they suck.

*A girl can dream can’t she?

No comments: