Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Riblets

Jeremy and I went to Tall Timbers for a delightful dinner. While waiting for our grilled cheese sandwiches Jeremy told me that he read that Seattle Mariner’s Carlos Silva (pitcher) and Rob Johnson (catcher) got into a “heated argument” on Saturday. It was never said why there was an argument, but I proceeded to tell Jeremy what I thought the dialogue was.

Silva: (talking to another player) So I’m gonna go to the OCB* tonight.
Player: Oh yeah?
Silva: Yeah, it’s all you can eat riblets today.
Johnson: Shouldn’t you get an all you can eat salad?
::Silva turns to Johnson::
Silva:What did you say rookie?
Johnson: I said shouldn’t you get an all you can eat salad, fatty.
Silva: You wanna take this outside?
::Johnson looks around::
Johnson: Uh, we're in the dugout, isn't that considered outside?

At this point Wakamatsu must have walked over to them and told Silva if he stopped he would get a steak and Johnson if he stopped he would get a bigger contract.


*Old Country Buffet

No comments: