Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Reading Disease

All of my life my mom has been an avid “smut” reader, usually historical/futuristic romance. My brother and I have always teased her because she usually finishes a book (about 300 pages) a day, mostly due to staying up until the wee hours of the morning. Whatever her reading disease is called, I have started to show symptoms of it.
Had I not needed to use the restroom, eat, stretch or be social, I would have finished reading all 4 books in the Twilight series in 24 hours. Yes, all 2444 pages. Through unofficial time keeping, I discovered that I can read, when interested, approximately 100 pages per hour.
I’m usually not a fan of the book when a movie is made, but there are 2 books that I like better than the movie. The first is Marley & Me. I felt the movie left out some of the funny stories and showed too much “drama” between the characters. The second book I liked better than the movie was Twilight.
I saw the movie before I read the book and after I read the book, I re-watched the movie. My opinion of the movie barely changed throughout the whole thing. Overall I thought the book did a better job of painting a picture of the characters and the events. My next post will talk specifically about the movie (mostly in comparison to the book).

No comments: