Friday, April 10, 2009

I Can't Believe Some People

Jeremy told me about these 4 stories last night. I made him promise to tell me a happy bunny story because all of his stories were very depressing. Here are the 4 stories he told me.

On April 5 in Kitsap County an 87 year old woman was found murdered in her home. The suspect was a 17 year old male who stabbed the woman to death and stole valuables which included her white Cadillac. As if this wasn’t bad enough, he took a picture of the woman lying in a pool of her blood with his cell phone to show his friends! I don’t know where Jeremy found the article he read to me, but the one I found was from Mason County Daily News.

On April 6 after an Angels’ game a man was killed. 27 year old Brian Powers was arguing with another fan after the game when a third man came up behind Powers and sucker punched him. This caused Powers to fall down the stairs and hit his head. He was pronounced brain dead at the hospital later that night. The two suspects have not yet been found. I got my information from the LA Times.

Early in the morning on April 9, Nick Adenhart, 22, and 3 other people were hit by a drunk driver who ran a stop light. The driver fled the scene (later caught) after hitting the car which collided with a light pole. Two people along with Adenhart died and the other person is in critical condition. Why does this make my news? Adenhart was the starting pitcher earlier that night for the Angels. He went 6 scoreless innings and struck out 5 batters. He was scheduled to start against the Mariners for our home opener on April 14. This reported from the Sun Times.

Last but not least, the Seattle Times reported that the 3 “men” involved in the beating (and robbing) of the ‘Tuba Man’ will get no more than 72 weeks in a juvenile detention facility. Since they were 15 at the time of the attack they were tried as minors.

Sorry to depress you too, but I promise I will post that happy bunny story as soon as Jeremy finds one for me.

No comments: