Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ah The Movie

As I am too lazy to articulate the good and bad points of the Twilight movie into meaningful sentences, I will just bullet list (with mild explanation) what I think.

  • The movie needed to be much longer. Maybe not Lord of The Rings long, but 30 minutes would have made a big difference.
  • The portrayal of Alice, Emmett and Jessica were amazing. I thought those actors did a great job being the character. The mental image I had of the characters was spot on with the actual actor's looks.
  • Jasper seemed very weird in the movie.
  • Bella wasn't as clumsy as she was in the book. I think this clumsiness is important not only in this movie, but future movies based on the books.
  • When Bella tells Edward she knows he's a vampire there are some awkward and unneeded camera angles. It's like the director overly dramatized the scene.
  • Bravo to the fight scene in the ballet studio.

This next set of points deserves separation from the rest of the movie. The Bella/Edward relationship in the movie wasn't as fantastic as I had anticipated.

  • I don't think the relationship fully developed. There was more back and forth "drama" in the book.
  • At the end I didn't feel like they loved each other as they did in the book.
  • Even at the end of the movie, I thought Bella was still scared of Edward. She seemed to say "I'm not scared" as though she was trying to prove she was tough, not because she actually wasn't scared.

I have no closing thought so...the end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jenny, found your blog link on your facebook. I actually thought the movie was just the right amount of time. They did a good job of leaving the right things in and cutting the right things out. Hope all is well! (Your reading speed is impressive!)

Allie Watson said...

You're so funny. I agree the movie does not do the romance justice, but there was probably so much that they had to fit in. I for one, would like a LOTR length for a saga that I have loved so much.Thank goodness there is a new director for New Moon!