Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Morning Comes Earlier Now

Or at least for me it does. I have to wake up at 7:30 to start getting ready for school and I must be in class at 9:00 am. Keep in mind that for the last two years, I usually woke up around noon, went to bed around 3 am and napped most days. I also do not like coffee, so I get no caffeine boost.

This quarter I'm taking Introduction to Networks, Microcomputer Systems and Survey of Computing. The first two classes are my morning classes that start at 9 and end at noon (well, 10:50 on Friday). I'm not sure if you realize this, but that is a lot of education for that early in the morning. It is taught by the same teacher, but we have to move 3 classrooms down.

The other class is on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:15 pm-9:50 pm. This will cause me to miss House and Psych! The teacher is probably in his mid 30's and the way he speaks and acts reminds me of a combination of Loreli and Rory from Gilmore Girls and the way my good friend (or did we decide best friend?) Amber and I talk. He talks pretty fast, goes off on random tangents, uses sound effects and shrugs his shoulders to make a point and is generally hilarious. I am pretty excited because I think I actually understand numerical binary code (on the first day) and he told the class that most people probably won't understand it for a while.

Unfortunately, I don't have any classes with Jeremy (we were taking an online class together, but I got into my wait listed class) this quarter. I know for sure that there is a class we have to take together because they pair up the data forensics students with paralegal students. Jeremy has classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights which means that we don't get to spend every waking minute after work together (sick I know). We just have to remember that it is only temporary and we are both working towards our future.

1 comment:

Amber said...

you make me want to puke with your sleeping til noon and napping everyday! I'm glad you have to get up at 7:30! ;) Your crazy teacher sounds awesome, i love our special language...we should name it...