Saturday, November 21, 2009

Angry Face

Over the years, Christmas in stores has started earlier and earlier. This year at Fred Meyer, Christmas decorations were being put out before Halloween had even come. I am a firm believer that you DON'T start decorating (that includes music) for the next holiday until you pass the previous one. By that standard, the day after Thanksgiving is the appropriate time to start decorating for Christmas. I don't put up bunnies and Easter eggs in December simply because it is the next holiday.

I would love nothing more than a nationwide boycott of all stores who decorate for 'future holidays.' Unfortunately, almost every store has now started this trend, so I wouldn't be able to even buy food at a grocery store.

I urge everyone to NOT decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving and fill out comment cards at the store expressing your displeasure.

No comments: