Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Aloha Maui, Aloha Oahu

So our big plan in the morning was go back to Black Rock with a fully charged battery and snorkel.  Jeremy stayed on the beach to entertain Joe while the rest of us went snorkeling…including Indy!  Indy did awesome just holding on to someone’s hand and swimming.  We saw another turtle which was awesome.  I was going back to the beach sooner than Jason and Katie, so I took Indy back.  About 20 yards from the beach, Indy was a little tired so she rode on my back.  It was pretty fun.  Jeremy said that he and Joe splashed in the water and he had fun.
That evening, Jeremy and I went on a date up to Haleakala to watch the sunset.  We stopped at Spericos Pizza on our way up; they were quite delicious.  This is the point where I would insert pictures from the “crater” and sunset, but they are on my Nikon and if you recall, I can’t get those pictures right now.  There was supposed to be a meteor shower that night so we stayed past dark.  Combined, we saw 3 shooting stars.  Not quite the shower we had hoped for.



Saturday

Today was our last day on Maui and Jeremy, Jason and I did double breakfast.  First we went to McDonalds to have their deluxe local breakfast; eggs, spam, Portuguese sausage and rice.  It was definitely a win in my book.  We got back to the condo in enough time to pack the car and go to Slappy Cakes for second breakfast.  If you've never heard of it, you order batter and toppings and grill your own pancakes at the table.  Apparently they originated in Oregon, since I don’t often go to Oregon, I had no idea.  The pancakes were reasonable and it was fun to make all sorts of weird shapes.



At this point, we separated from the Jacobson family who was traveling back home and Jeremy & I got on the plane to go to Oahu for our honeymoon.

Once in Oahu, we made our way back to the Waikiki Grand (where we’re staying) and got rained on.  Wait, rain is too nice of a word for it, we drove right into a monsoon.  Based on the advice from two people, I didn't pack our rain jackets because “if it rains, it’ll be over in like 20 minutes”.  Yeah, the rain lasted about 2 hours.  Needless to say, we got drenched trying to get our luggage into the hotel.  There was an ABC store 2 doors down from the hotel so we attempted to go there to find me a rain jacket.  Of course they didn't sell any, super.  We then attempted to go to Walmart to find a jacket.  Again, no jackets.  I bought an umbrella and hoped that it would work.  By the time we got back to the hotel, the rain had subsided so I didn't need the umbrella.

No comments: