Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Weddings and Pie

Monday was the day of the wedding so we didn't do a whole lot in the morning.  Jeremy and I went into downtown Lahaina and ate burgers from Cheese Burger in Paradise.  The name was better than the burger in my opinion, but Jeremy thought it was good.  Perhaps vacation food tastes better?  Since both Katie and Jason were a part of the wedding, we watched Indy & Joe that afternoon, transported them to and from the wedding and put them to bed.




Tuesday I went scuba diving in the morning with my brother (and two other people).  Unfortunately the battery on the GoPro I was borrowing had died so I have no pictures from under the sea L  While the coral and the fish weren't as cool as in Fiji, we did go into a bubble cave, see a monk seal (endangered species!) and see two turtles swim by.  I like to think that because I didn't bring the camera, we were able to see cool stuff.  Right? 



After diving, Jeremy and I trekked back into downtown Lahaina for lunch and at the suggestion of my boss, we ate at Kimo’s.  The food was pretty good, but the main reason I was insistent in going was that we had a coupon for hula pie.  The hula pie was kind of giant.  The “pie” is definitely recreateable as there are a million recipes on the internet for it.  I figure it’ll be a great thing to make for a summer party.


No comments: