Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sunday we went to experience Pearl Harbor.  If you've never been, it is definitely something you need to do.  It was mind boggling being on the Arizona memorial, smelling the oil that was still seeping out of the ship, knowing that there are still people trapped inside from when the ship sank.
We finished touring everything on the Pearl Harbor side and took the bus to see the Battleship Missouri.  Jeremy and I had previously been on the Midway, but the Missouri still seemed huge.  We were almost done touring the inside of the ship and only had the bridge left when the monsoon hit again.  We thought we’d try waiting it out.  Jeremy went on the interwebs on his phone and found that we were under a flash flood warning because it was raining 4 inches per hour.  Did I bring my umbrella?  No.  I will say that I have one of the best husbands because he braved the downpour to go to the gift shop to buy us ponchos.  He was completely soaked through when he got back.  We had spent our entire day doing this and we didn't have time to go to the aviation museum, so we decided to come back the next day.  A + for Jeremy buying the pass where we could return.
After we got back to the hotel, we changed into dry clothes and ventured to Lulu’s which is ½ block away from us.  We split a plate of nachos and I discovered what amazing guacamole tastes like.  Normally, I do not care for guacamole, but this stuff was amazing.

Monday, we went back to finish our Pearl Harbor tour.  There was only a 40% chance of rain so I didn’t bring my umbrella and the ponchos were in the car.  We finished the tour of the Missouri and went to the aviation museum.  Oh, you want pictures from the last two days?  One word, Nikon.
On our way back to the hotel from the aviation museum, we discovered that 40% chance of “rain”.  Was it worth it to put on our ponchos to walk 15 feet to the hotel entrance?  No.  After we got back into the room and put my camera away, we walked back over to Lulu’s for a very late lunch.  Luckily, the rain had stopped.  Jeremy had the teriyaki steak bites and I ordered the Magnum PI burger.  What is on this burger you ask.  Well let me tell you what I had, cheese and bacon topped meat patty with guacamole.  Ah-Maze-Ing!  This was not only the first burger I didn’t dip n ranch or ketchup, but it was also my first adult burger that had “garbage” on it.  It only took my honeymoon to become an adult.
We still had a reasonable portion of the day left, so we went to Halona blowhole.  It was a way less intense hike than the Olivine Pools and unlike the other blowhole, this was actually blowing.  I will say, it was pretty hilarious that the biggest blow happened and my camera gave the “card is full” error after the first picture.  Pictures?  Nikon.  This is one of the pictures that Jeremy was able to get using our point and shoot.




After the blowhole trip, we needed to get back because Jeremy had more homework to do.  Since the wifi at our hotel is less than impressive, we trekked back over to Starbucks.  It was when we got back to the hotel after Jeremy finished his homework that I discovered that my Nikon SD card wasn’t being read.  Knowing that we still needed to take pictures, we trekked back to Walmart to buy me another card.  Jeremy and mine food schedule has been way off this trip so we ended up ordering Round Table for dinner at 10:00.   

No comments: