Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Waterfalls, Pools and More Water!

Wednesday was a tourist day.  While we didn't do the Road to Hana, we did drive up part of it to get to Twin Falls.  The hike back to the falls was 1 mile round trip and totally worth it.  I have some awesome pictures from that trip on my fancy pants Nikon camera, but for some reason, my Surface isn't recognizing the SD card.  Sure, I could update the driver, but that would require me to have a reasonable amount of internet connectivity in my room, not just when we walk down the street to Starbucks.  I digress. The falls were awesome and later in the evening, Katie, Jason, the kids and I went to see the giant Banyan tree that everyone always talks about.  Jeremy had to do homework that was due that night so he stayed behind.  The tree was indeed giant and Jeremy got 100% on his assignment.







Thursday we made the trek down a very steep and rocky cliff side to get to the Olivine Pools.  Please use the Google to find out more information.  The pools were definitely warm and had some fish in them which was pretty cool.  The next stop on our adventure was to the Nakalele blowhole.  It was not blowing so we didn't bother climbing down to it.  That hole blew…see what I did there?  We still had a large part of the day left so we went to Black Rock to go snorkeling.  Again, the GoPro had died as I used it too much during the Olivine Pools trip.  It was pretty awesome snorkeling though.  We came upon a school of trigger fish (2 different kinds), an assortment of other fish and the piece de resistance, another turtle!  It was definitely a place we had to go back to.




No comments: