Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh Wally!

Wally seems like he is finally starting to settle in. He still isn't a fan of eating his food (unless some canned food is mixed in with it) or eating dog treats, though he did eat Beggin Strips the first day. I took him to the vet on Monday so he could get his shots and they also had to take a stool sample from him. They took him out of the room to do it, but I heard him yelp from across the hall. My poor baby. We learned yesterday that he has roundworms AND hookworms. He got one dose of medicine the day before so we just have to bring him back in 2 weeks for another dose and in 3 weeks (which is his appointment for the second set of shots) I have to bring in a sample of poo. They gave me a little specimen cup for the poo, but it is really small (has a fork like thing inside of it for getting some poo) and I'm wondering how I'm going to get the poo into the cup without getting it all over my hand.

We have noticed a behavioral problem that will, hopefully, be corrected in approximately 3 weeks. He wants to hump everything!!! He enjoys humping and or biting anything rather fuzzy such as blankets and fleece. Last night I wanted to buy him a Wall-E throw blanket because he just looked so chilly the other night. I didn't because it was $17 and he would rather hump it than stay warm. Jeremy suggested that I just leave it rolled up to make it easier for him.

Jeremy made an accurate observation "Wally is a really good dog when he isn't biting, barking or humping."

Note: as long as you don't play in his poo, you won't get worms from him. Wally will also be starting obedience school on the 19th.

No comments: